Due to the wide variety of devices available and potential variations in their firmware, the information presented below may or may not be accurate. For this same reason, OpenDNS support will generally not be able to provide device-specific assistance beyond what is provided below. If you need further assistance specific to your device, please contact either the manufacturer's support team, or your ISP if you are using leased equipment.
This article is written for users who have the Arris SBG6782 router and want to configure their router to use OpenDNS.
- Launch your web browser
- In the address bar enter 192.168.0.1
- You will be presented with a login page. Input the admin credentials for the router and sign in.
- You will be presented with the home page screen. Select the Basic tab as shown below.
You will be taken to the Basic - Setup screen.
Under the Wide Area Network (WAN) Connection Settings:
- Select Use these DNS Servers.
- Primary DNS - Enter 18.104.22.168
- Secondary DNS - Enter 22.214.171.124
- Click the Apply button. The SBG6782 will restart.
Testing Your Settings
Now that you have configured our DNS settings on the router please flush your browser and DNS cache by following the instructions below:
NEXT: Test your new settings →
If you see a checkbox on the next page; Congratulations! You have setup OpenDNS on your Arris SBG6782 router.