At this time it is not possible to block image search via Google without blocking Google entirely. Google Images do not load those images from other domains, in fact it is embedded into the HTML for most browsers using a data URI. This means the image information is actually part of the HTML markup for the page and not something OpenDNS can block without blocking Google Images entirely. Bing (on the other hand) has chosen to host potentially explicit thumbnails from "explicit.bing.net" and we block that domain under the appropriate categories.
Articles in this section
- Error when Logging in to OpenDNS with NETGEAR Genie
- How to Enable/Disable Live Parental Controls
- Error Message - This device appears to be registered with another OpenDNS user
- How do I Uninstall Live Parental Controls Management Utility?
- Can I use Live Parental Controls on a Non-Windows Computer or Devices such as Game Consoles
- Why is this Domain Blocked or not Blocked?
- I am still getting Google Images of Inappropriate materials with Live Parental Controls Enable?
- I have a New Router, can I Copy or Transfer Settings from my Old Router?
- Is it Possible to Bypass the Block Page?
- How to Add Domains to your Block list/Allow list