Once your NETGEAR device has been registered with OpenDNS you will be able to manage your settings in the Parental Controls section of the NETGEAR Genie. You can also enable and disable the Parental Controls feature from this screen. Disabling Parental Controls will remove content filtering and cause your router to use the DNS settings specified for it rather than using OpenDNS.
In the desktop app, Parental Controls can be enabled/disabled by clicking on the Parental Controls screen which will bring up the Status page. If controls are enabled you will see the option to disable as shown below:
In the mobile app, Parental Controls can be enabled/disabled by clicking on the Parental Controls screen and adjusting the toggle shown below:
NETGEAR Management Utility
Disable Live Parental Controls:
- Run the Management Utility
- Enter the router password
- The status screen has a button showing
Reinstall or Re-enable Live Parental Controls
- Run the Management Utility and click Enable Live Parental Controls on the status screen.
If you do not have the Management Utility installed, follow these instructions:
- To reinstall Parental Controls you will need to insert the startup disc for your Netgrear router or download the Management Utility program from www.netgear.com/opendns. The software will guide you through the installation process.