Linksys Router Manual
1. Log into the Linksys Smart WiFi configuration
Log in using the website http://linksyssmartwifi.com or your router's IP address (i.e. http://192.168.0.1).
2. Open up the Local Network Connectvity setting.
To access this, click on the settings menu (the Gear icon along the left hand side), then choose Connectivity, then the Local Network tab. Next, fill in all three DNS addresses 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199, then click OK.
**This setup will not work if the router is in Bridge Mode**
To confirm you are not in bridge mode (which may be required in some setups, only modify if you are sure you can), go to Connectivity>>>>Internet Settings>>>>Edit and ensure the router is not in Bridge Mode.
If not working, there is a known bug in recent Linksys firmware versions that prevents DNS settings from applying. To check if your device is affected, check the router stats under Troubleshooting -> Status tab (shown below). If the DNS addresses have not changed to 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, your router is being affected by the bug.
If the OpenDNSn addresses are not displaying here, the solution at this time is to roll back the firmware version of your router.
Please roll back your firmware using the instructions:
- Go to 'Troubleshooting
- Then click on the 'Diagnostics' tab
- Click on 'Backup' (It's important to do this just to be on the safe side)
- Click on 'Restore previous firmware'
- After the router has rebooted you should be good to go and can confirm this on the troubleshooting status page.