Verizon JetPack MIFI6620L Manual
This article is based on the PDF manual from http://www.novatelwireless.com/files/6714/1236/6682/MiFi6620L_UserGuide.pdf
- On the JetPack device display, select WiFi Name/Password to display the WiFi Name/Password page (page 20 in manual), note the device password.
- Log into your router by typing http://192.168.1.1 or http://my.jetpack. Use the admin password that was displayed on step 1 to log into the configuration page (page 20 in manual)
- Click the JetPack settings menu at the left, then click advanced. (page 74)
- Click the Manual DNS sub tab and enable the Turn on Manual DNS option
- Set the DNS 1 and 2 IP addresses to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Click Save and the device may reboot.
Okay, what's next?
At this time, our filtering system is only compatible with IPv4. To ensure that you are always configured and pointing to your OpenDNS account, we recommend disabling IPv6 on your device.
- Go to your JetPack settings
- Click Advanced -> Lan
- Uncheck Turn on IPv6
- Save your settings
Flush your caches
To ensure that OpenDNS is working properly for you, please flush your browser and DNS cache by using the steps below, then test your connection by visiting http://welcome.opendns.com.
Having problems with the set up? Please visit our blog post for troubleshooting the top issues some users experience: http://blog.opendns.com/2014/12/12/five-questions-top-support-requests-answered/
If you're still experiencing difficulties, flush your caches using the "Test your settings" section. Then download and run our diagnostic tool, and click Run Test. After the test completes, copy and paste the URL into this ticket. If you are experiencing difficulties copying the URL from the diagnostic tool, please use the steps at http://www.take-a-screenshot.org to take a screenshot of the diagnostic tool after it finishes.
The URL should start with http://opendnsupdate.appspot.com/d/######.
Next, send us a support ticket at http://support.opendns.com and we'll be in touch with you soon.