After searching and e-mailing with the supports of Cloudflare and DNS-O-MATIC for days (months), I have finally everything working. Because there is not a single page which explains everything and probably there is another person on this planet which has also trouble with this, I decided to write a small summary about how to get Cloudflare and DNS-O-MATIC together working.
At DNS-O-MATIC you must set the following settings:
- Service: Cloudflare
- E-Mail: “E-Mail-address which is registered at Cloudflare”
- API Token: “API Token from Cloudflare”
- Hostname: dynamic
- Domain: “yourdomain.xyz”
At Cloudflare you must set the following records:
- Type: A | Name: dynamic | Value: “your WAN IP” ***
- Type: CNAME | Name: “yourdomain.xyz” | Value: dynamic.”yourdomain.xyz”
- Type: CNAME | Name: www | Value: “yourdomain.xyz”
*** will later be actualized by DNS-O-MATIC
At your FritzBox you must set the following DDNS settings:
- DDNS Provider: User-defined
- Update-URL: https://updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?myip=<ipaddr>
- Domain name: “yourdomain.xyz”
- User name: “E-Mail-address which is registered at DNS-O-MATIC”
- Password: “Password which is registered at DNS-O-MATIC”
Everything in “” (including the “”) you must replace with your stuff.
If something isn’t the way it should be, please feel free to correct me.
Please sign in to leave a comment.