There are two problems I am encountering: (1) Logging in with the admin credentials to Parent Controls through Genie desktop app fails; and (2) the Netgear.OpenDNS.com is still active, however, it no longer filters as expected.
In the Genie App, the admin credentials work for both the "Router Settings" button and "Network Map" button. However, when applied to "Parent Controls" button, it fails. The message states to make sure that the router firmware supports Live Parental Controls. This problem started when the Genie App was updated, up to that point everything was working fine.
In the Web Genie, the admin credentials work. When the "Parent Controls" button is pressed, it opens the Netgear.OpenDNS.com site. (This behaviour contrasts with the Genie App.)
The following has been attempted but with no improvement:
- deleting the Genie App and re-installing the app (but this didn't clear any app data)
- manually configuring the DNS in the Internet settings and flushing the DNS resolver
- Resetting and re-configuring the D6300 router
- I tried using the OpenDNS settings 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 and flushing the DNS. This accesses the OpenDNS service but it doesn't provide access to the Netgear.OpenDNS.com service.
Since the update of the Genie App, there is no longer a connection between the DNS settings in Parent Controls (in Netgear Router and Genie App) and the settings created in the Parental Control webpages on Netgear.OpenDNS.com. Accessing LPC is not possible.
- How do I perform a clean uninstall of the Genie App in OSX (High Sierra)? - which removes the app data.
- What are the DNS settings used by Netgear.OpenDNS.com? DNS settings 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 do not work. Is Netgear.OpenDNS.com still operational?
- Given the problems above I cannot access LPC? Any suggestions?
Computer - OSX High Sierra 10.13.1
Router - D6300 firmware version V220.127.116.11_1.0.102
Genie App version 2.4.28 (OSX)
Please sign in to leave a comment.