I have a single server that is having a strange issue. When it utilizes our internal OpenDNS servers for DNS, it will randomly block any and all outbound traffic. What's odd is, when this happens:
- I never get an actual URL block page in the browser, the pages simply don't load
- pinging anything external from this computer during this time resolves to an IP of 18.104.22.168, which is OpenDNS's URL block page.
- This action will continue for a random amount of time, and then suddenly start working for a minute or two, and then go back to being odd again.
It will do this for literally any external site (google, yahoo, bbc, aol, etc). Once I change DNS to our internal servers, everything resolves just fine. Setting it back to OpenDNS servers after that still doesn't fix it. I've tried:
- flushing DNS
- taking off almost all security settings on the account
- restarting internal OpenDNS servers
Nothing seems to be fixing this issue. Any ideas out there?
Please sign in to leave a comment.