HomePass mesh routers are fairly new, and rather than being configured thru a web page that you access via the gateway IP, you configure and manage them thru an app on a smart device.
It's relatively painless to set them up to use OpenDNS.
- Log into your HomePass account on the app.
- On the Home tab, under App Settings, click the Advanced menu (it has a gear icon next to it).
- Scroll down to DNS and click to open the DNS settings page.
- You should see both a Primary and a Secondary DNS IP listed, and under that, a toggle for "Custom DNS". Make sure the toggle is ON.
- Then click the Primary DNS IP, and change all four octets to the FIRST OpenDNS resolver IP: 18.104.22.168 - then Save the config.
- Repeat this step for the Secondary DNS IP, using the address 22.214.171.124. Save again.
At this stage, your HomePass router system should be hitting OpenDNS name resolvers instead of those provided by the ISP.
- If you ever want to turn OpenDNS name resolution off, and revert to the ISP's DNS, simply toggle Custom DNS to "Off".
Please sign in to leave a comment.