Help improve OpenDNS adult content filtering
The amount of adult content on the internet is ridiculous and every bit of help is welcome. If you are reading this and would like to help, here is some advice I can give you.
- Install an add-on for your browser that fetches all domains from the open website (something like Link Gopher) and another add-on to open multiple websites at once (something like Open Multiple URLs).
- Always use private windows and turn off only https during the session.
- Use a search engine that aggregates other search engines—something like mojeek dot com or metager dot de.
- Do multiple searches with various keywords (you can save your search progress by copying the URL to a .txt file).
- Only copy domains from Link Gopher and paste them into Open Multiple URLs to open them all.
- Do not open >50 websites at once.
- You should be able to visually identify websites that were not blocked. Copy their URLs to a .txt file.
- Submit the URLs from the .txt file to OpenDNS using community.opendns.com/domaintagging/submit/
- Most importantly, do not rely on voting, but create a support ticket where you politely ask your previously submitted domains to be reviewed. Do not forget to add this list of domains to the ticket.
If more would do this, the OpenDNS adult filters could be vastly improved. Thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.