This may be related to the "sign-in loop" thread but thought I'd try to re-create the process I've been through:
1. Marcs Updater failed to update DDNS.
2. Tried to log in to login.opendns.com with username (not email) and password from Firefox. "Login failed. Check your username and/or password."
3. Tried to reset password from Firefox. Got the email, typed a new password, but Submit does nothing.
[skipping a few more failed gyrations here]
4. Tried to reset password from Chrome. In Chrome, I get a popup that I have to type the email address, not the username, in the password reset form. Once I did that, I successfully updated the password.
5. Tried to log in with email address to login.opendns.com. I was redirected to login.umbrella.com and a blank login screen. Re-entered the email address and password. This time I got in and was directed back to dashboard.opendns.com.
6. Logged out of dashboard.opendns.com. Redirected to login.opendns.com. Tried to log in with username and password. "Login failed. Check your username and/or password."
7. At dashboard.opendns.com, changed back to email address and password. This time I was able to log in without re-entering the credentials at dashboard.opendns.com.
8. Updated the password in Marcs Updater. It was able to reconnect using the username (not email address).
So something is wonky about usernames and, what, old accounts that suddenly stop authenticating? Or maybe a new, one-time requirement to authenticate at login.umbrella.com, which Marcs Updater was not able to do? At least for dashboard login, try the email address if the username is not working...
Also created support ticket #1594108.
Please sign in to leave a comment.