I wanted to post this but could not see where I submit it? Guess here will do...
How to configure the Tp-Link Archer VR900 router to work with OpenDNS
The TP-Link Archer VR900 is not easily configured. It took me a lot of searching before I found where and how to add the opendns server information in order to get the hardware working with my OpenDNS account. So here's how to do it for the uninitated....
1. Log in to your router's web interface (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 unless you changed it). Enter your password.
2. Click the ADVANCED tab on the top right of the home screen
3. Select NETWORK on the Left hand navigation
4. Select INTERNET (first option) on the menu below NETWORK.
5. This opens the WAN INTERFACE in the main window. Look for the sub heading 'Internet Connection Setup' and click the 'Advanced' button to see more information.
6. Scroll down the page to the next 'Advanced' button (just above the sub heading 'Mac Clone'). Click this further 'Advanced' button.
7. Scroll down to the Primary and Secondary DNS entries. By default they will likely state 0.0.0.0
8. Replace both the Primary and Secondary entries with the OpenDNS ip addresses -- 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
9. Scroll down to the green 'OK' button and click it to save your changes.
That's it. You're ready to use the router with your OpenDNS account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.