Hi, I got OpenDNS set up, by putting the DNS servers into my home router and then I tested it by using the TESTING FOR SUCCESSFUL CONFIGURATION example web pages and I get what you're supposed to get. Super.
Now, various getting started examples mention the low/medium/high/whitelist settings. I'm not finding that...anywhere. I also can't find the settings for adding in or blocking any specific domain. Yeah, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but more to the point, various examples:
- Common huge sites (yahoo.com, reddit.com, etc.) works instantly. Good.
- Less common sites (gotsoccer.com) works instantly. Good.
- Very uncommon site (dinky-local-soccer-league.org) took longer and required retries but came through. No problem.
- Deliberately misspelled garbage site name (sdkjlffgh.com, or any other TLD) brings the website-unavailable.com page out of OpenDNS, with my custom message. Excellent.
- Known nasty cybercrime web site (mentioned by krebsonsecurity.com...and not because they're another investigator). Not listed in domain tagging. Brings up their login page just fine.
- "Bulletproof hosting" provider. No problem there either. Granted...this is the provider, not one of their "customers". I'm trying to avoid their customers....
Am I doing something wrong here?
Please sign in to leave a comment.