I've just recently flashed a new router (D-Link DIR-632) with dd-wrt ( v24-sp2 build 21286). I'm attempting to get DDNS set up directly with OpenDNS to keep my ip updated.
My settings are as follows:
- DDNS Service - Custom
- DYNDNS Server - updates.opendns.com
- Username - <My OpenDNS username>
- Password - <My OpenDNS Password>
- Hostname - Home (from my OpenDNS account)
- URL - https://updates.opendns.com/nic/update?hostname=
- Additional DDNS Options - <empty>
- Do not use external ip check - No
DDNS Status is:
Thu Jan 1 02:24:18 1970: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.
Thu Jan 1 02:24:19 1970: I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'Home' needs update to '22.214.171.124'
Thu Jan 1 02:24:19 1970: W:INADYN: Error validating DYNDNS svr answer. Check usr,pass,hostname! (HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 19:59:08 GMT
Via: 1.1 varnish
The Username and Password are correct; I can log into OpenDNS using them. Home is my network name on OpenDNS. I've done a lot of searching but most of what I find is pretty old.
Any help would be welcome.
Please sign in to leave a comment.