This is my problem: it seems basic OpenDNS is working fine but not with the enchanted features, like customizable filtering and such.
My Router is Wireless N ADSL 2/2+ Modem.
I configured my Router with OpenDNS:
I'm pretty sure there are only 2 slots in my Router's IPv4 and IPv6 configurations. I set it to only use IPv4 for now. The slot immediatly following the second DNS slot is a field name slot for PPoE Name or something like that; I also tried filling that slot with a third OpenDNS address and nothing happened after flushing DNS cache.
My computer adapter is working with automatic DNS entries, so there should be no problem there.
Well, it seems basic OpenDNS is working but not the enchanted features, like customizable filtering and such. These are not working full-time, they only function sometimes. I say this because if I go to test page (http://opendns.com/welcome) it says OpenDNS is working fine. However, if I try to go to any site I tried to block, like Facebook (I set filtering to High in my Network), nothing happens, I may access Facebook and many other sides that should be blocked normally.
I have read some other topics and that this could be related to Ipv6, so I tried deactivating my Ipv6 firstly in the computer and nothing happened. Then I went to the router and tried to follow Brian's suggestion:
Which is putting these values in the Ipv6 DNS slots, but it didn't work because my Router told me it was an invalid DNS address, maybe I did this wrong.
Using the command "nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com" this is what I see this morning:
"flags 20 0 2F4 4000000000000000"
(I typed this by myself because I couldn't copy and paste it so there may be additional zeros in the 4000... but the rest should be as it is.)
I deactivated Packet Filter because I've read some filters were incompatible with OpenDNS filtering.
It also could be possible that this is related to my IP, which is Dynamic. I am using OpenDNS Updater but maybe it is too slow for my IP changes. If this is the case, I am not sure how I could make the Updater to be faster in order for me not to lose filtering.
Please sign in to leave a comment.