I have tried scouring the forums but not found what I was looking for - maybe it is there somewhere, but hopefully this will get an answer too!
I have set up OpenDNS on my router and it works fine filtering on my PC. However my android phone is not filtered. I had hoped it would work with whatever device I connected via the home router without any device level config required. However, I tried manually changing the Android DNS on my smartphone and changed DHCP to static. This resulted in one browser app (Dolphin) being filtered but another (UC) not being filtered. I changed it back to DHCP and still the Dolphin is but UC is not.
There is no command line interface on a phone to do dns flushes etc like I did on the PC. Please advise - having router level protection was my hopeful one hit solution to protecting kids and adults on whatever device on my home network.
Please sign in to leave a comment.