I did the steps below:
1. Login Netgear parental control
2. Select Custom filtering, select Video Sharing to block youtube.com
3. In Firefox / Chrome (Windows 7), found www,.youtube.com is blocked (normal.)
4. In the Netgear Parental control, select filtering as "None".
5. Immediate, in Firefox / Chrom, found www.youtube.com is still blocked. Same even clear browser cache and "ipconfig /flushdns" in windows command prompt.
6. In Windows command prompt, nslookup www.youtube.com still show IP 184.108.40.206
7. I can restore by switch back to use my ISP's DNS server.
May I know what's wrong here ? How long would the unblocking or changes in Netgear parental control take effect ?
Please sign in to leave a comment.