I've been using OpenDNS for some years now and have been very happy with it. Whenever I have tested it, it has been much faster than my local ISP's DNS. However, about a week ago, I noticed that some pages are taking much longer to load than expected. Examples include Google's search and results pages, speediest.com and other fairly complex pages. Simple, static pages, such as my own editide.com, were still loading quickly. On a whim this morning, I switch my DNS back to my local ISP's servers and the problem instantly disappeared. Switching to Google's DNS (220.127.116.11) also gave me snappy loads on all the problematic pages. Switching back to the OpenDNS servers did not, at first, return me to the sluggish behavior. However, after about an hour, I was back to slow loads on dynamic pages.
Please sign in to leave a comment.