I configured our network and PC to use OpenDNS.
- nslookup reports that the system is pointed at 126.96.36.199 for lookups
- ipv6 is disabled on the system
- the OpenDNS dashboard reports that our network is registered
- dashboard also shows the logs of lookups from our network including domains that were blocked.
- going to "welcome.opendns.com" says we are NOT using OpenDNS!
the domains listed in the Dashboard are not being blocked even though the log says they are (??!!)
welcome.opendns.com says we aren't using OpenDNS even though all of our resolution requests are showing up in the logs in the Dashboard (???!!)
I've verified using whatsmydnsserver.com that we are pointed to the OpenDNS servers.
ipV6 is disabled
I have deleted the DNS server entries in our router (just in case) and verified the only DNS addresses are on this PC
Help? Attached are screen shots of various settings and info I've referred to. I'm at my wits' end. The PC is pointed correctly, and OpenDNS sees the requests, but thinks we are not..
Please sign in to leave a comment.