I enabled Parental Control on my R8500 and now want to disable it. I want to set my own DNS servers. I've searched and seen instructions but they don't apply to the R8500 or its firmware (updated to latest). There's no on/off toggle switch.
- All "Parental Control" links or menu options go to netgear.opendns.com
- There is no disable in netgear.opendns.com
- I tried deleting my netgear.opendns.com account. --> no difference
- I can't manually change my DNS IPs. A popup appears saying to first disable Parental Controls.
- There are also instructions to install the Netgear Android app and connect it to the router. --> Tried this too. It connects, but the Parental Controls are not in the settings.
I'm out of ideas.
Please sign in to leave a comment.