Am very confused as Dynamic IP Address does not seem to be working for me even after following the below steps.
- Setup Network on OpenDNS Settings page with custom blocking
- Setup DNS records on computer as per setup article
- Installed and setup OpenDNS updater as per setup article- Confirmed that OpenDNS is working by visiting verification pages (e.g. https://welcome.opendns.com/, internetbadguys.com)
- My IP Address changes nearly everytime I restart my computer
- The IP address change is detected by OpenDNS updater (it has the new IP address recorded there, and allows me to click 'update now' to update OpenDNS about this
- Dynamic IP updates are checked in OpenDNS Updater and in the network advanced settings area
- Sites are not being blocked
- When I go to settings in OpenDNS there is a green revolving arrow allowing me to manually switch the IP Address from the old Address to the new Address, which will then start blocking sites once switched, but it will not do this automatically for me
- I don't have a service on DNS-O-Matic
Based on all of this, why is OpenDNS updater not automatically switching my IP Address?
Please sign in to leave a comment.