I have entered dns addresses properly on my router but still it is not working

Comments

13 comments

  • Avatar
    rotblitz (Edited )

    Copy & paste the complete plain text output of the following diagnostic commands to here.

    nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com.
    nslookup whoami.akamai.net.

    Also, what browser are you using?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj

    Thanks for your reply.

    Here is the output

    C:\Users\Supriyo>nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com
    Server: UnKnown
    Address: fe80::be0f:9aff:fee9:bac4

    opendns.com
    primary name server = auth1.opendns.com
    responsible mail addr = noc.opendns.com
    serial = 1602424140
    refresh = 16384 (4 hours 33 mins 4 secs)
    retry = 2048 (34 mins 8 secs)
    expire = 1048576 (12 days 3 hours 16 mins 16 secs)
    default TTL = 2560 (42 mins 40 secs)

    C:\Users\Supriyo>nslookup whoami.akamai.net
    Server: UnKnown
    Address: fe80::be0f:9aff:fee9:bac4

    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: whoami.akamai.net
    Addresses: 2404:6800:4000:1001::105
    172.253.220.2

     

    I am using google chrome browser

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    rotblitz (Edited )

    You‘re not using OpenDNS but a DNSv6 service. You should disable IPv6.

    In Chrome you must disable Lite mode and disable or reconfigure secure DNS.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj (Edited )

    Yes, now i have disabled IPV6, and also in chrome i have disabled dns over https. (Lite mode was already disabled).

    But still i am facing same problem.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    rotblitz (Edited )

    Disable IPv6 on the computer and flush the two caches. If all does not help, I need to see the command outputs again.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj

    here one thing i want to ask: should i change the dns in both computer and router or only in the router?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj (Edited )

    Still not solved. So i am posting those outputs again.

    C:\Users\Supriyo>nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com
    Server: dlinkrouter
    Address: 192.168.0.1

    opendns.com
    primary name server = auth1.opendns.com
    responsible mail addr = noc.opendns.com
    serial = 1602427914
    refresh = 16384 (4 hours 33 mins 4 secs)
    retry = 2048 (34 mins 8 secs)
    expire = 1048576 (12 days 3 hours 16 mins 16 secs)
    default TTL = 2560 (42 mins 40 secs)

    C:\Users\Supriyo>nslookup whoami.akamai.net
    Server: dlinkrouter
    Address: 192.168.0.1

    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: whoami.akamai.net
    Addresses: 2404:6800:4000:1003::103
    172.253.220.2

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    rotblitz (Edited )

    Router should be sufficient, but your router doesn’t do it’s job and doesn’t forward your DNS queries to OpenDNS.

    It could be that your ISP is the culprit. Post this output:

    nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj

    Now one good thing is "https://welcome.opendns.com/" suddenly showing the tick mark and all the testing websites are working fine  but opendns updater software is still showing "not connected"

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj

    C:\Users\Supriyo>nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222
    Server: resolver1.opendns.com
    Address: 208.67.222.222

    opendns.com
    primary name server = auth1.opendns.com
    responsible mail addr = noc.opendns.com
    serial = 1602427914
    refresh = 16384 (4 hours 33 mins 4 secs)
    retry = 2048 (34 mins 8 secs)
    expire = 1048576 (12 days 3 hours 16 mins 16 secs)
    default TTL = 2560 (42 mins 40 secs)

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    janasj (Edited )

    I don't know what is happening. Now in my computer, in all the browser "https://welcome.opendns.com/" is showing tick mark. But in my mobile device which is connected to my wifi is not showing tick mark.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    rotblitz (Edited )

    Check the network settings of your mobile device.

    Whatever, your last command indicates that your ISP may tamper with your DNS traffic. This needs further investigations not easy to be done in this forum.

    Run the diagnostics and raise a support ticket with the links to your diagnostic results and this thread.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.