Hello everyone. After some experimenting and failures i would like to share with you a small tip about setting up your dns in order to stop using the ISP dns. From my experience with my ISP and his cpe I find out that even if i have set mine dns for example opendns, my devices continue to use my ISP dns. As I did more experiments with other ISPs and their cpe I discover that the firmware that they run in cpes isn't optimized well or whatever. The solution to this is to use your own router. Connect it to the providers cpe and shutdown the wifi. Connect everything to your router. If you see that your dns requests get responds from your isp and not opendns then is router problem. Don't expect for firmware updates just go and buy a router yourself. That's what I did and I have the control on my network .Xiaomi 4A with openwrt. For the tests I blocked Facebook.com from opendns dashboard and it worked like charm.
Please sign in to leave a comment.