MLB streams get interrupted
I'll return back if this doesn't seem to work, but when I implemented OpenDNS last weekend, it started disrupting my MLB.tv streams. Every commercial break, it would swap to audio, never show the ads (not the worst problem), and then abruptly exit to the main screen. Retrying would get me nowhere, and take an error. Once the game resumed, I could restart the stream.
The issue wasn't 100% reliable, and some times it would pick up and start playing the game again. I found a posting on Reddit looking to block those ads, and the complaint was when they blocked dai.google.com (Dynamic Ad Insertion), it would disrupt the stream (as it was for me).
So I added dai.google.com as Always Allow, and presume that will work (or I'll further document here). Perhaps that category should be moved to Advertisements, but given it disrupts the channel I recommend some notation of issue, or some other consideration. Normally I would set the Roku player to manual DNS, but that is not an option.
Please sign in to leave a comment.